League of Replays is primarily supported by these ads. Please consider disabling the AdBlock for our site so we can continue to add new features and improve the site. Thank you.
Category Red Title Date
12 hours ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by InMemorium View Post
...and I am the one that got a Verbal Abuse pop-up.

System working as intended when the real toxic individual was not provoked?
Please, post my logs from my last ARAM on

The IP Banker

I know you can see IP addresses so you know that account is mine as well as this one I use to forum post.

Here is just a small fraction of what this guy said in after-game screen:

name removed: this stupid volly
name removed: report this dumb ass
name removed: nigger said gg

There was quite a bit about "creaming" my mother in there as well. No one talked back to this guy. We just let him continue on. I eventually said in the chat-room:
I'm not impressed.
Sorry, bud.
:
Then some more racist terms after which he left.

Now, again, I am the one that gets the "Verbal Abuse" pop-up.

Explain how positive your community is again for me, please, Lyte.

Thanks.

EDIT: I didn't argue with this guy. Why are you guys assuming people were arguing with him? Holy christ. No wonder why Riot hates posting here anymore. You guys make assumptions when given facts.
One, don't assume the other person wasn't punished.

Two, you did your fair share of verbal abuse, hence the warning. Warnings are given for a set of games, not for just your last game. It should be pretty clear to you what you did, especially in games over the past week.


General Discussion Lyte @Lyte - Please Elaborate (Quick Preview) ( 16 hours ago )
16 hours ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkshnJacksn View Post
It seems that without the tribunal, you would find it very difficult to determine what behavior players deem needs to be punished. Reports don't really constitute a community vote because of the wide range of toxic behavior possible and the limited options for tagging your reports. How do you determine from "Verbal Abuse" exactly what is unacceptable? At least with the tribunal players could choose to ban based on actual text used in game.
The current "rulesets" the systems use are all based off data from Tribunal and other systems. We're working on ways to incorporate the current AI and machine learning systems to be efficient and automated in the new Tribunal.

Part of the reason we're using this Tribunal downtime to test these systems is to test how accurate these systems are, given that they are learning only from player-initiated data like votes in the Tribunal.


17 hours ago

Quote:
Since you are trying to figure out a way to balance melees so that it isn't merely a stat war top lane (which I will admit it certainly can be top lane at times), I must ask you this (in regards to melee versus ranged):

What is your opinion on adding turnspeed (a set rate at which a character can rotate) to the game?
I don't want to dismiss any potential idea out of hand, but overall we're not convinced that is the right solution for League. It seems to work for DOTA.


18 hours ago

Quote:
Do you think that is there low diversity and champions need more unique mechanics? I mean, Graves and Lucian, for example, are basically the same champion, what makes us choose who is best at the moment only instead of choose by who we really like.
Yes, we do think that. Note that it doesn't need to be a different skill shot between the two, but there does need to be more distinction between champions in the same role. You should consider whether you want to play Graves or Lucian based on what you would have to do as those champions, what your team would do differently, and what the other team would do differently.


18 hours ago

Quote:
Do you ever regret opening the game up to be more casual? Instead of taking the kind of direction you are with league?
Different approaches work for different products, and I don't want to second guess the WoW team. Let's just say that after working on Age of Empires and World of Warcraft for a total of 16 years, it's really refreshing to work on a game where I don't have to worry whether someone's grandmother can pick it up or not.


21 hours ago

Quote:
For a REALLY long time, you either had to play RMP, or pray you weren't queueing for 3v3 with the good RMPs were. RMP mirror matches were common on both the live game and in tourneys.
Yeah, I agree this is another good example. At the time it felt like the choice was between PvP dominated by rogue-mage-priest or more diverse comps. The rogue-mage-priest ecosystem did have a lot of depth and a lot of what Riot calls counterplay. But if you mained a hunter or paladin, you felt shut out, and leveling viable alts was a much steeper proposition back then. We made the call to open up more Arena comps, but that did come with the added "bonus" of a lot of disruption and instability. Giving more CC and other PvP cooldowns to other classes did create some burst comps that lacked a lot of the depth and finesse of the RMP monoculture. (Trying to balance abilities for both PvP and PvE didn't help at all.) It took several expansions before this felt better once again.


21 hours ago

Quote:
Why not start with properly removing Lulu (and others) from mid and top, and bring her back down into support?
You quoted me just above your question, so I'm going to re-quote myself. "Part of that is from us occasionally over-zealously stepping in when players try something unexpected." We don't feel the game really benefits when we slap champions that dare to stray from their assigned lanes. Maybe players will come up with counter strategies. Maybe having a less predictable game is more fun. If Lulu (or anyone's) win rates or ban rates or play rates etc. go up and stay up and we feel the new strategy is going to stifle diversity, then we can step in. I'm worried we do it a little too quickly at the moment.


22 hours ago

Quote:
Was there a specific wow example that you think changed the balance too much? Whether you meant to shift the game that way or not, it seems like the playerbase thinks this has happened.
There were a lot of specific class changes where players were convinced they were weaker than we thought they were, or others where players just had a different vision for the class than the developers did, which is always a tough path to navigate.

If I had to point to one controversial change, I'd say that in vanilla and BC to a lesser extent, there were many specs that weren't really viable for PvE or PvP. We felt like they needed to be viable in order to justify being in the game, and we were reasonably successful in getting all of them much more competitive. I'll be honest that there were times when there was still one dominant PvP spec, one dominant PvE spec and one more-or-less dead spec per class, but we did get a lot closer than ever before, especially in the most recent expansion. (And that was the team that accomplished that -- I take very little credit.)

So why was this direction controversial? One, it was just flat out harder to balance since there were more variables. It led to all sorts of religious debates such as whether pure classes "deserved" to do more damage than hybrids. In order to guarantee that a particular class or spec wasn't mandatory for raiding or Arenas, we had to share utility among more classes. (One example is shaman were no longer the only ones to bring Bloodlust.) This did homogenize classes, and some players were understandably not excited about that direction. I'm not sure of a better approach though. Maybe WoW should just have had 10 classes and not the 30 that different specs brought. Maybe some specs should have just stayed dead. I still think about this a lot.

Again, there is a limit to how appropriate it is to discuss WoW design on a LoL board. I'm offering the detail just to provide some context for why some players are (fairly) critical of some of the decisions made under my watch.


22 hours ago

Quote:
I want to understand something. You say melee need some love, but how to buff them if they are already at 50%win rate ? buffing melee would make them op right ?
Yeah, when I say "need some love," it's not just buffing their health and damage. I tried to explain our point of view a few weeks ago that it isn't just a matter of buffing melee until they dominate ADC or mages. It's more about improving their kit, really deciding what they're good at, and making sure ranged champs can't do everything melee can do on top of fire from a distance. Unfortunately, that means it's not a quick fix that we can do in one patch. Fortunately, it means that once we fix the problem that balance may be more stable and not require so much whack-a-mole.


General Discussion Lyte @Lyte - Please Elaborate (Quick Preview) ( 23 hours ago )
23 hours ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineRevenge View Post
Can you draw some lines in the sand on what constitutes what punishment?

I think it goes without saying that extremely negative behavior like Death threats, excessive racism or continued barrage of insults would lead to 14 day or permanent bans, but how do you categorize other less severe behaviors for punishments?

I see a lot of people who use a little profanity that end up with 14 day bans.. this seems extremely excessive given the grand scope of things. With the existence of a profanity filter a little foul language by itself should not be grounds for punishment, otherwise why do you even allow people to turn the filter off at all? Why even have the option if you punish people for it no matter what?

What about smaller things like saying "gg ez" at the end of a game? Sure it might be a little bad mannered but does that REALLY deserve a ban or even chat restriction?

Does the league community need to be babied so hard? I'd like to think that the majority of us can handle a little trash talk and if we can't then we need to toughen up or move on to another activity. People will not always play nice in the sandbox and the length at which people are burned at the stake for their actions seems a little haphazard.

I'm all for making efforts at toning down the over the top inappropriateness of the behaviors from some users but don't you think these punishments don't fit the crime?
This is a really challenging topic, and there's no answer that will make every type of player happy.

In real life, there are laws for almost everything. However, one of the biggest problems with this model is that changing laws takes a lot time, and it can almost never keep up with the rapidly changing trends in the world. So, an example of what happens in real life is that some behaviors become "unacceptable" by society, but it can't be enforced for years.

In online societies, trends change even faster. We could write a Summoner's Code that lists out every single behavior that is allowed or not allowed in League of Legends, but would it actually do anything? Most human beings don't know about every law in real life societies, and only some lawyers have a robust understanding of all the laws while most are specialized in some niche of law. You can Google "random laws" to find a huge list of things that are "illegal" depending on the country or state, or sometimes even depending on the city . For example, one random law in a city is that you cannot wear cowboy boots without owning at least 2 cows! Similarly, most players aren't going to be able to memorize every single Summoner's Code item or keep updated on new additions to the Code.

To give an example of how rapidly online societies change, a lot of players are using the phrase "rekt" now, but this phrase didn't even exist in matches as recent as 6 months ago. Is this phrase offensive? Is it considered verbal abuse if you spam it? What if you said it once in a game? If we wrote a new "Summoner's Code" to include this phrase, how many players would visit the Summoner's Code frequently enough to see the new addition?

At the end of the day, most people get along fine in real life societies just using common sense. They don't know all the laws, but they have mutual respect for one another. As gamers, we already have a pretty bad rep from those outside the gaming community. That's our fault. We're actually a pretty awesome community, but we need to respect each other more; after all, we're all gamers and we have something in common that only we understand. Why is "Definitely Not Blitzcrank" a hilarious skin? Non-gamers have no clue what we're talking about.

It's not about being babied. It's about respecting the fact that we're all here to have fun. No one deserves to be b*tched at just because they play the game differently than you. You know what? A lot of us play soccer or basketball differently too. Some players believe in half-court ball, and prefer bigger line-ups in basketball. Others believe 100% that fast-paced run and gun strategies are king. If players disagree with you on the court, do you start going "moterf*cker why are we doing a 3-guard lineup that sh*t is whack, you're f*cking retarded for even trying that." No.

The majority of the world doesn't tolerate random acts of jerk. I'm not sure why online societies need to either. People don't always play nice in real life, but the answer isn't "If you can't handle it, go find another activity." Maybe the people should stop being aggressive jerks. On a separate note, let's stop spreading rumors that we're banning things like "gg ez" or banning things like "plz stop feeding." Right now in League, only the worst offenders ( the bottom 1% ) have been hit with any penalties at all. In a recent survey, a majority of players thought the penalties were too light.

We've said this time and time again: the community agrees that excessive verbal toxicity isn't tolerated here. It's not tolerated in real life societies either. If a player doesn't agree, they need to take their time elsewhere. They don't have the right to tell everyone else to leave, when they are the outcast in the community.


23 hours ago

Quote:
Can we at least hope for an overhaul of the boring meta the game is in? Irritatingly long games, incredibly short team fights, among tons of other problems, have made the game very stale over the past year. Obviously we cant expect anything till after worlds, but is it something thats on the agenda?
I hesitate to use the word "meta" because that means so many different things to different players. However, we are hearing a lot from players that games are feeling a little stale. Part of that is from us occasionally over-zealously stepping in when players try something unexpected. But beyond that, we're probably going to have to make some deeper, more fundamental changes to bring about diversity. I'm not talking about making random changes for the sake of change, and I'm certainly not talking about making League unrecognizable, but more that we would make some specific changes to keep the game from going stale in the future. I know that's vague, but it's what I meant when I said we'd start using PBE to try out some crazier ideas that may not actually ship. We'll start talking about some of these ideas pretty soon... maybe after worlds.


1 day ago

I can take a shot at it.

I was the lead systems designer on WoW. I managed about half the design department. My team was responsible for class design, combat, item design, encounters, and many of the features in the game like Dungeon Finder, Transmog and Achievements. As one of the leads on the team, I helped set the vision for the game as well. I was not the lead of WoW overall. I had much less to do with say world design, lore, quest design or anything business related. I didn't do very much implementation myself, because I didn't have the bandwidth to do it right, and because there were designers more qualified to do that. I was ultimately responsible for balance and that includes PvP, but I didn't make every change myself, and mostly I focused on removing barriers so other designers could do their jobs. I make that distinction because I don't mind being blamed for anything, but it does a disservice to a very large team to imagine one dude sitting on a throne spewing out edicts. Blizzard, like Riot, was very consensus based and focused on alignment.

Did I and my team make mistakes? Sure. Every game designer does. I'm pretty honest about admitting them, though it's tacky to throw colleagues under the bus, so I tend to stay away from areas where I had limited influence. I'm pretty happy with the work we did overall, and very proud of the team we were able to build.

Why am I spending all this effort to explain my role on another game? Because I don't want you or any other player to worry what my work on League means for the future of the game. While I think there are contributions I can make, I'm not interested in overhauling League by any stretch, and Riot would never let me get away with making dramatically bad choices that negatively affected our flagship, our only, product.

So, if I may, here are some distinctions between truth and rumor, offered in the spirit of getting to know me better.

1) I'm not super interested in compromising LoL design in the name of accessibility. Yes, League is obnoxiously hard to learn if you don't have a friend showing you the ropes. That sucks, but it's not worth stripping away the depth or potential for mastery for our core audience -- you guys -- in order to attract new players. That's not an approach every game can or should take, but it's the right call for League.

2) I never played a Frost mage in WoW, or any caster really. I played healers and melee. Frost was hard to balance in WoW because of the kit of control plus burst, and I'm fine taking flak for that. But it wasn't because I wanted to dominate in PvP with my character. I would have been fired for that. It was hard in general to balance combat and rewards for a game with both PvE and PvP components. It's very nice to be on a game that is emphatically competitive, team-based PvP.

3) I feel that melee in League need some love. Somehow that got turned into me hating melee. Thanks, internet. Pointing out flaws in something you want to fix and hating something are pretty far apart on the spectrum.

4) I don't balance League. We have a balance team that does that, and the strategy they employ is rigorous and grounded (but not dictated) by a lot of data-collection as well as public perception. Again, if you think we made a mistake in a design change or the lack of one, please hold me accountable. But you're better off having the discussion with one of the devs actually on the front lines there. They can explain the full context behind their decision-making process.

5) I care enormously about player feedback and trust. That is why I spend so much time reading forums, Reddit and Twitter (@occupygstreet). In fact, that is one of the things I love about Riot and why I wanted to come work here. Anyone from my WoW days will tell you, I hope, that even if they disagreed with a design, they appreciated the effort I made to explain our reasoning and hear out their concerns. And this is the TLDR really. I have always been very vocal in my communication with players. I didn't intend to be the spokesperson for WoW, but my name was recognizable by a lot of players, and when they wanted to complain about something, they wanted to focus on a name. Again, I can take it. But that doesn't mean I called every shot on WoW and neither do I for League.

6) I do like ponies, gin and long walks on the beach. That part is true.

I'd love to meet as many of you as possible, and in person is even better. I'm going to be at PAX Prime next week. Hope to see many of you there!

GLHF,
GC



1 day ago

Three reasons:

1) We have a lot of things we want to do with League, and this doesn't seem that high up on the list.

2) But even if it was a trivial change for us to make, I'm not sure we should. League is a game about mastery. That includes getting off a skill shot and knowing when to fight and when to run, but it includes knowing how to play your champion, and that includes outfitting him or her well.

3) We've spent a lot of effort over the years slapping down emergent strategies that weren't intended. But too much of that saps the fun of exploration and discovery out of the game. Maybe it should be okay if players can make unusual item choices once in awhile to pursue unusual strategies. If buying a "ranged" item for a melee champion works sometimes, or is fun even if it doesn't work, and as long as it doesn't cause huge balance problems or stifle other options, it seems like that should be okay, no?



1 day ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodAspe View Post
Help Lyte i dont know why i was banned for 14 days without any warning and without a chat ban prior, i was chat banned in june for 5 games (i think). That was even though I hadnt played since February but I've never received a warning or anything since so I thought i was being positive in game even when i was giving criticism.

Please help me understand and change my atttiude if it is wrong. Please post my chat logs
I'd recommend you stop raging and verbally abusing teammates for having bad games. Stop spamming players that you are reporting them, or calling them stupid newbs and using slurs like calling people "jews" or "nazis."


2 days ago

Nie ded³em, respi³em siê po gamescomie. Kilka b±bli na stopach robi swoje.



General Discussion Lyte Banned for not playing (Quick Preview) ( 2 days ago )
2 days ago

Doesn't look like your account is banned.



2 days ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supabad View Post
I highly doubt i have been reported in more than 5% of my 1300+ games this year. if 92% of players are neutral how would i fall into a category of extremely toxic based on a very small percentage of bad days/games.
The average player is reported in about 1-4% of games depending on server, and including false reports. When players threaten to report, very few actually follow through. When you filter out false reports, the numbers are lower of course.

You've been reported in about 18% of your games, which is excessively high--in fact, this would put you at the highest 1% in terms of reports received. In the past, the average Tribunal person is reported in 15% to 25%+ of their games.


General Discussion Lyte Alright, Smite me Lyte. (Quick Preview) ( 2 days ago )
2 days ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyOfRegiment View Post
wait. How are offenses on both accounts similar and i JUST stared using this account again TODAY. I have literally been in every game with a guy from forums. I have typed "Sorry, no one else to blame but myself, and ... all game." So I'm curious as to how I have been reported on a smurf account that prior to today I use several months ago with friends in a ventrillo and never typed in game.

I really want my chat logs on BOTH accounts now and I posted a link where I posted on Community Beta asking for them. Here is the link AGAIN. Can I at least get LadyofRegiment's chat logs for today because I don't think you all keep chat logs from several months ago.

http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com.../qwJEpfwR-lyte

Ah, you can post on Community Beta! We do keep logs forever, so we can pull up logs for LadyOfRegiment before you recently started playing again--I see examples of negative chat from March 2014 and earlier.

But, here's some chat logs for OtakuBurrito:

[5:02] OtakuBurrito: NO
[5:04] OtakuBurrito: STFU
[5:08] OtakuBurrito: IM ABOUT TO MUTE YOUR ASS
[5:13] OtakuBurrito: U KNOW WHAT
[5:14] OtakuBurrito: GO MID
[5:15] OtakuBurrito: IM NOT
[5:16] OtakuBurrito: ABOT
[5:17] OtakuBurrito: TO
[5:19] OtakuBurrito: LISTEN TO THIS
[5:21] OtakuBurrito: ALL ****GIN GAME
[5:22] OtakuBurrito: IM NOT
[5:27] OtakuBurrito: ABNOTU TO ****GIN HELP TRY TO ****IGN WIN
[5:30] OtakuBurrito: **** THIS
[5:32] OtakuBurrito: LET HIM MID
[5:36] OtakuBurrito: ****IGN WHIHNNIGN LIEK A *****
[6:17] OtakuBurrito: go ****ign mid
[6:19] OtakuBurrito: you *****
[7:46] OtakuBurrito: its always ****ign something
[7:54] OtakuBurrito: i always get ****ign ****ed over in ****gin lane
[8:04] OtakuBurrito: never get a decent ****ign game
[8:12] OtakuBurrito: ****gin bull****
[8:23] OtakuBurrito: just 1 ****ign game
[10:05] OtakuBurrito: stfu
[10:18] OtakuBurrito: exactly
[10:22] OtakuBurrito: he's s ****ign troll
[11:28] OtakuBurrito: piece of ****
[11:43] OtakuBurrito: ff@ 20
[11:46] OtakuBurrito: adn report veigar
[12:25] OtakuBurrito: **** this im feeding
[12:30] OtakuBurrito: kennen
[13:14] OtakuBurrito: didnt you **** over the whole team
[13:16] OtakuBurrito: *****
[13:30] OtakuBurrito: shut your ****ing face
[13:39] OtakuBurrito: so does your mom
[14:13] OtakuBurrito: late ****ign mia
[15:06] OtakuBurrito: **** mid
[15:55] OtakuBurrito: shut the **** up
[19:24] OtakuBurrito: imma get veigar killed
[19:36] OtakuBurrito: **** that *****
[20:27] OtakuBurrito: dumb ass goign top
[21:14] OtakuBurrito: gj assgar
[22:41] OtakuBurrito: lucky him
[25:35] OtakuBurrito: gj assger
[27:53] OtakuBurrito: WE ARE LOSIGN BECAUSE OF YOU *****
[27:57] OtakuBurrito: STUPID ASS

---

[23:05] OtakuBurrito: GOT DAMMIT
[23:14] OtakuBurrito: I DID
[23:19] OtakuBurrito: ASSTWAT
[23:26] OtakuBurrito: MAYBE IF YOU HADNT FED SO ****IGN HARD
[23:30] OtakuBurrito: WE WOULDNT BE IN THIS MESS
[30:06] OtakuBurrito: how your mom cant swallow
[30:18] OtakuBurrito: and has to put up with you
[30:26] OtakuBurrito: feeder ass n*gger

---

[47:35] OtakuBurrito: TTEMO
[47:35] OtakuBurrito: WTF
[47:40] OtakuBurrito: YOU DUMB PIECE OF ****
[47:43] OtakuBurrito: STFU
[47:49] OtakuBurrito: IF YOU WERENT TROLLIONG
[47:59] OtakuBurrito: STUPIDEST ****IGN ADC NA
[48:01] OtakuBurrito: MY GOD
[48:05] OtakuBurrito: YOU SUCK SO ****GIN HARD
[48:08] OtakuBurrito: ITS ILLEGAL
[48:16] OtakuBurrito: TJHIS IS PROSTITUTION OF THE HIGHEST KIND
[48:50] OtakuBurrito: PLEASE LEAVE


General Discussion Lyte Alright, Smite me Lyte. (Quick Preview) ( 2 days ago )
2 days ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyOfRegiment View Post
Okay Lyte I was banned. Post my chat logs here so I know how much people piss me off in games. I'm ready for the smite.
I can't reveal full chat logs on OtakuBurrito unless we can confirm you own the account. I'm not in Player Support, so harder to do this if you aren't posting on that account.

However, on both LadyOfRegiment and OtakuBurrito, the offenses are similar.

You're screaming in all caps, using racial slurs, making sexual references, and more. You should be fully aware of what you do in games because it's quite excessive and over the top--I don't think you want me to post the chat logs on OtakuBurrito.


3 days ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaröck View Post
Only 0.9% of the community are deemed toxic while there are a lot more active trolls/*******s/whatever who are not detectable through the chatlog.
I read through the examples in the OP and in honesty most of them sound like easily made mistakes. An expectation of perfection is something I see a lot of and people aren't perfect. Watching the LCS you can see decisions made that with hindsight were mistakes that lost games, sometimes people will pick up your blue or have a bad feeling about a teamfight they don't have time to express.

The nature of a team game means we all have differing view on the current situation. In a lot of cases the perception of trolling is more prevalent than someone intentionally trolling. We've all made calls that afterwards we shake our heads at.

If you're viewing that as being indicative of someone trying to annoy you then you'll see innocent mistakes as hostile actions. We're a team dedicated to improving the experience on all fronts, I'm not disputing that people will do things to annoy you. There is a difference between to annoy and that annoy though and it's very important there's a line between the two.

One is intentional, the other isn't.

Quote:
Do you feel offended when the stranger tells you that you're a faget and your cancer-ridden mother should be eaten by dogs?
Of course we do. It's pretty disgusting to say something like that in any context. It's not exactly a common thing though in game or out and it's why people who do are punished for it. If you use language that attacks another player then it's not helpful and if you can't help yourself you're not welcome.

Forum discussion is typically about events that are not standard, in the larger discussions especially. It's why reading threads you'll hear about the extremes and attempts to prove the extremes and why people here find things hard to believe.

Part of making things better is accepting there are issues, another key part is keeping some perspective.


3 days ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobdg View Post
Does telling somebody I'm going to report them count as negative?
Because in my defense, I said that a LOT because I thought it was helping because I wanted to show them that being toxic had a negative consequence.

Can I see two logs, one from two different days?
We generally see that players who repeatedly say they are going to report people are generally pretty toxic themselves. In fact, saying "reported" is among the words and phrases that toxic players say the most out of any other word. A lot of players also report players who say "reported" often because it's a pretty annoying experience to constantly hear players go "reporting X," "reported" etc. In addition to this, telling players repeatedly that they are muted is a super negative behavior as well because the only thing you are doing is instigating that player to be even more toxic... yet the only people that are experiencing the triggered toxicity are your teammates--so, you get reported for that a bunch too.

Here's a few examples of chat logs where you constantly tell others you are reporting someone, try to get the other team to report someone, and then tell people they are muted (and then still attack them throughout and make them rage even more to your teammates):

[14:30] Jacobdg [ALL]: why do all baddies say that
[14:41] Jacobdg [ALL]: don't be a sore loser
[17:22] Jacobdg: quit being a baby
[21:23] Jacobdg [ALL]: can you guys reprot wukong
[22:20] Jacobdg [ALL]: because you're a loser who can't hold your lane
[25:11] Jacobdg: what the ****
[26:19] Jacobdg: shut up
[29:27] Jacobdg: just muting you all
[39:37] Jacobdg: god damnit wukong
[39:38] Jacobdg: JUST HELP
[39:49] Jacobdg: I CAN'T HEAR YOU
[39:50] Jacobdg: YOU'RE MUTED
[39:53] Jacobdg: DON'T BOTHER TYPING TO ME
[46:33] Jacobdg: THANKS WUKONG

---

[4:51] Jacobdg: shut up
[6:10] Jacobdg [ALL]: muting thresh and reporting him lol
[8:22] Jacobdg [ALL]: report jinx for trolling
[14:57] Jacobdg: stfu
[35:54] Jacobdg: WHAT THE ****

---

[24:38] Jacobdg: muting you now
[25:26] Jacobdg: not playing with this team
[26:05] Jacobdg [ALL]: is diana just complaining
[26:07] Jacobdg [ALL]: i muted her lol


---

[3:50] Jacobdg: reporting you after game for unskilled player and trolling
[3:54] Jacobdg: and muting you now kayle

[4:09] Jacobdg: im telling him what'sg oing to happen
[4:11] Jacobdg: and muting him
[11:30] Jacobdg: i muted kayle
[11:35] Jacobdg: so if she's talking to me she can stop
[13:47] Jacobdg: you were supposed to kill him
[13:49] Jacobdg: but you ***** out and run
[25:09] Jacobdg: i wonder if this nidalee is typing to me
[25:11] Jacobdg: too bad she's muted

[25:19] Jacobdg: cause i'm not gonna listen to her stupidity for another second


3 days ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunit31 View Post
Then please give me a clear cut definition of toxic behavior. All I did was post a thought about your statistics, I did not give your permission to post my logs, nor did I ever refute that I was a toxic player. Yet instead of contributing any meaningful conversation, you continue to avoid the topic altogether.
I was explaining why you might perceive the world as more toxic, and why the statistics might seem unbelievable to you. I agree, we got ourselves stuck in an ironic trap because it was impossible for me to explain why you felt the statistics were unbelievable without revealing that you might be causing the toxicity in your matches.

Hopefully, I've contributed better to the discussion in several other responses now.


3 days ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rueian View Post
If the world was perfect with sunshine and happiness, toxic players wouldn't be toxic, typically rage bursting out for seemingly no reason is because someone is having a bad game, which will feel like a direct attack on your person. The game is stressful.
League is stressful, but that's because it's a hardcore, competitive game where you have to rely on your teammates to succeed. FPS games don't have this issue as much because players drop and go, and really 1 bad player has no effect on your team. However, in League, 1 player having a bad game greatly disrupts your win percentages, so the emotional stakes are higher.

However, the vast majority of players don't explode in rage when they have a player having a bad game on their team. We're human. We get upset, we get frustrated, and we might get angry when we lose a match, but most of us don't instantly resort to obscenities and homophobic/racial slurs or death threats.

A % of players behaved in a pretty toxic way in online communities and games for years, and never had any consequences--they probably learned that this behavior was OK. A very small % of people in real life also have issues controlling their rage, or behaving in a socially-appropriate way. They deal with consequences their entire lives, and in many ways, we're seeing that by having some structure in League, we're able to greatly reduce toxicity. With some structure, we're seeing that the community is actually pretty awesome, and most players have a good time in a majority of their games.


3 days ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rueian View Post
Every player goes on tilt, some have explosive tilts, it is just an emotional reaction and not an easily controlled or fixed one. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of middle ground punished players are just emotionally unstable either chronically or because of current stress in life. I know i'm one of those who has an issue controlling my anger, and that is what gets me punished so often, ending up mentally blinded by anger when i'm on tilt, leaves me a bit confused when I was seeing my reform cards. It doesn't help that i have plenty of other emotional issues complicating things. It actually upsets me and often times discourages me reading all these board posts. I feel like the majority is against me, even if I try, i'm running out of excuses of why to try.
I'm not sure "every" player goes on tilt. I've been analyzing player behavior data for a few years now, and there are legitimately hundreds of thousands of players that have never gone on tilt. They might rage IRL, or smack their desk, but they don't rage in-game against another player.

Even when players do go on tilt, they usually say one line "f*ck you, stop XYZ" and then go into complete silence. The vast majority of players know when they've crossed the line, and revert back to a neutral state or stop typing.

However, there are players that go on an explosive tilt and completely go off the rails--it doesn't matter what's going on IRL, or what the circumstances were, this stuff isn't cool. As gamers from the same community, you don't get the right to completely wreck another person's night "just because." Every gamer comes from different walks of life, and everyone is going through something--but, let's show respect for each other. While you go on an explosive tilt, someone else on the other end might have just lost their job, broken up in a relationship, or had a relative pass away. They aren't raging at you, and deserve baseline respect from those they meet in this community.


3 days ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Fungus View Post
The point you are trying to make is valid, but it is also tangential to the point the OP is trying to make, and really borderlines on a pure ad-hominem response.

If I had made this thread instead, the point would be the same, but you would have no toxic chatlogs to base your response upon. This is the problem with your post, since it hinges on the behavior of the OP as opposed to the validity of his point.

Also, posting chatlogs without being asked is a somewhat scumbaggish thing to do, barring extreme cases.
There's two points that could have been made.

If it was you who posted, we'd probably easily pull a string of 10 games, posted all 10 chat logs, and seen that the behaviors were neutral or positive.

If you were toxic, we'd have trouble pulling the string of 10 games, and I'd explain why.

Whether it was appropriate of me to post the chat logs is feedback well taken, but we're gamers and humans just like you. Sometimes, we see blatant lies or twists of the truth and our options are limited. At a traditional studio, we might be forced to just ignore the comments which endangers the community because these players can sway perception over time. Or, we can confront the situation head on which sometimes gets us in sticky situations.

I'll stick my head out there and take a risk once in awhile, and sometimes I'll be wrong. But at the end of the day, we're all part of the same gaming community and we just want to have fun playing League.


3 days ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egrodiel View Post
Lyte could you please give an answer as to what the difficulties are related to the implementation of the "new tribunal"? I'm still confused as to why you've opted to spend months throwing chat logs at people on the General discussion forums instead of perfecting the system. Any projected or aimed release date?
One of the biggest challenges is scale. The Tribunal wasn't architect-ed in a way that could handle millions of gamers casting billions of votes in the system and churning out penalties at this scale daily. We also wanted to allow the system to review positive behaviors, which would triple the scale necessary to run the system.

For a long time we couldn't even launch Tribunal in new territories, so it stayed in NA/EU and a few other regions, but was never launched in places like Oceania or Turkey. We're a bigger studio and company now, so it's our responsibility to make sure players around the world get the same player experience, so we had to fix this problem.

About the current situation, we're testing a lot of new things and the lessons we learn will directly apply to the new Tribunal.


3 days ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKG Tincup View Post
Lyte

1.Go into silver 5 ranked games soloq.
2.Grind to gold 1 ranked soloq
3.Come back with the results on how many people you banned.

You haven't seen real toxicity until you've walked through it yourself at this time instead of doing a test on people who aren't in that situation. The depths of hell is what you're avoiding.
I recently went from Silver -> Platinum on "Lyte," and recently played multiple Silver -> Gold games on two other accounts.

In all of those games (about 300), there's 1 player that ended up needing a ban.

Before anyone asks, the other 2 accounts didn't have "Riot" or "Lyte" in them, so they weren't getting any special behavior.


3 days ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3ac3y View Post
His whole 9-5 right now is drooling at forums and trying to humiliate his players, he's been doing this for the past 3-4 days. He'd rather do this then add a mute pings option, fix team builder or work on afk's/leavers.
I'm usually doing forum work or addressing personal tickets and issues on my own time.

During the day, my full-time job is just the design of game systems. We recently did a lot of upgrades to Team Builder with the Summoner Icon promo, and more are on their way. There's a new LeaverBuster system that will greatly improve our systems against leaving/afk, and we're going to test intentional feeder detection systems soon.

There's entire teams working on this stuff, and I'm happy to tank all the criticism, but don't discredit their hard work getting awesome features out to the players.


3 days ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunit31 View Post
Based on Lyte's statistics shown below from a recent analysis, I should see 1 toxic player per every 10 games I play.... 1% of players are considered toxic,10 players in a game, 10 games to =100 players. I find it hard to believe that 99 of those players are positive or neutral. Please don't try to post skewed statistics that can be manipulated by your choice of sample population. What exactly is the definition of neutral? Only being an ass 50% of the time? You could take any 10 game sample size from the hundreds that I have played and I guarantee you wont find one set of ten that has had only one toxic player.

Reviewed approximately 11,150 players
- 11,052 players were neutral or positive (99.1%)
- 94 were chat restricted (0.84%)
- 4 were escalated for extreme toxicity (0.04%)
Well, I'd assume it's difficult to find a string of 10 games in your matches without finding a toxic player when you're in every game and saying things like:

[3:15] Zunit31: wow lux you are beyond useless
[8:04] Zunit31: then gtfo f*ggot its a 1v2 anyways. you stand a mile back

and

[[23:57] Zunit31: blow me *****
[24:01] Zunit31: you ****in suck
[24:10] Zunit31: dont ***** about your series cuz your ass is to heavy to carry

We generally find that toxic players perceive the world as more negative, and create toxicity in the games they play in.


3 days ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunit31 View Post
Okay cool story Lyte. I never claimed to not be a toxic player. Rather that your statistics are inherently flawed. Toxic players create a toxic environment, I get it. Yet you did nothing to contribute to this conversation. I am so glad to see that instead of contributing to this conversation, you would instead post my logs, which I would perceive as a toxic behavior in itself. Wouldn't posting my logs be done so to embarrass me?
The point is that toxic players tend to create toxicity in their matches, so they perceive the community as far more negative than it actually is.

For example, in your last 10 games, there's about 90 unique players. You and 2 other players deserve a penalty for your negative behaviors; however, that's 3 in 90 players! In many of your matches, you go from pretty neutral speak to instantly raging at your teammates when they don't say anything negative or call you out. Maybe it's because you were having a bad match, or you felt stressed or tension and thought others were criticizing you but they weren't--it's all in the mind, and your perception of events around you.

The stats I showed the other day are accurate for the vast majority of players in the game. However, toxic players do perceive the world quite differently, which is why the statistics may seem unbelievable.